Women Be Healthy
Women Be Healthy is a website about health care for women with intellectual and developmental disabilities. You'll find information about breast and cervical cancer screenings, HPV, and how to talk with your nurse or doctor.
Click on this link to watch a short video about Women Be Healthy and meet one of the program participants! http://bcove.me/xwfro3sq
Go to Facebook and like the Women Be Healthy page
Click on these links below to watch short videos about the importance of breast and cervical cancer screenings and other information learned through the Women Be Healthy course.
- Women Be Healthy - Mammograms http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Women Be Healthy - Pap Tests http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ylkUuKcXQ&feature=relmfu
- Women Be Healthy - Screening Plans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FER-RCwZNA&feature=relmfu
Click on the links below to read more about the success of the Women Be Healthy program.
- Women Be Healthy: Increasing Cervical and Breast Cancer Screening for Women with Intellectual Disabilities
- Women Be Healthy: Outreach across North Carolina
- Women Be Healthy: Graduating to Better Health
Table Manners and Beyond - Information about the gynecological exam for women with developmental disabilities and other functional limitations